Collection of Information
We will collect and hold information about you
- when you register for an online account;
- when you contact us to enquire about this Site or any of our services;
- through your use of this Site and the services and functionality offered through it.
Use of Information
Whether or not the Privacy Act 1993 applies (it doesn’t apply to companies), we will only use information about you for the following reasons:
- to create an online account for you;
- to record and process your orders for services offered through the Site;
- to add to our database so we may inform you of specials, promotions, offers and events via email or post. You will always have the opportunity to opt out of marketing emails from us;
- to improve the services we offer through this Site;
- to respond to your queries;
- to bring or defend legal proceedings involving you;
- any other reasons that are lawful under the Privacy Act or, where that Act doesn’t apply, that are otherwise lawful.
We will always give you a clear opportunity to opt out from receiving information about specials, promotions, offers and events via email or post. You are welcome to contact us at any time to access and update your information or to opt out of receiving further communications from us.
Disclosure of Information
Whether or not the Privacy Act applies, we may share information about you:
- with our service providers (e.g. in order to store the information); or
- to the extent necessary to achieve the purpose for which it was submitted; or
- where we are required or authorised by law, to make disclosure.
Except as provided above, we will not share your information with any other third parties.
Retention and Security of Information
Whether or not the Privacy Act applies, we will take all reasonable steps to ensure that information about you will not be disclosed to any unauthorised person or organisation.
Access and Correction of Information
Whether or not the Privacy Act applies, you are entitled to obtain from us confirmation as to whether or not we hold information about you and you are entitled to reasonable access to this information where it is readily retrievable. Whether or not the Privacy Act Applies, you may also request:
- that we correct this information if it is inaccurate;
- you can make changes to your information on the “My Account” page, or by contacting us using the “Contact Us” page on this Site.
Where you request information that we hold about you, we may charge you for the reasonable costs of retrieving, providing the information and if applicable, correcting the information.
As part of the software used by the Site, there are secure processes built into the store. Specifically the engine ensures:
- your private information and listing information is stored in a password protected part of the website;
- every listing has a unique number;
- every listing is logged in a robust database;
- confirmation emails of your listing are sent to you .
Your details are stored in a password protected environment and are available only to yourself and the administrators of this website, as authorised by Invest Buy Sell management.